How do you hold frames?

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
Jon Kopczyk

How do you hold frames?

Post by Jon Kopczyk »

I just purchased Pro and am putting together a multi morph of my 4 year old son from birth.

I figured out how to slow down the speed (hope I did it right) Set to 20 seconds, but it's over 500mb.

My question is how do you get the morph to hold the frame so it doesn't change so fast? I was able to slow the whole avi down so it didn't rip through it so fast, but I would like it hold the picture for a 1-2 seconds before it morphs, is that possible?

Also, why are these files so huge?

Thanks,

Jon

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Just choose the Sequence/Length menu and then set the "Stay on Image 1" or "Stay on Image 2" to prolong the first or last frame of the morph.
See more at "How to Set Movie Length".

To slow down the speed, you can decrease the export speed in Export Options window. For example, the default AVI speed is 15 frames/s, you can try to set it to 10 frames/s or smaller.
Also, the file size of the uncompressed AVI (default) is really huge, so you should turn on the option "Export Compressed AVI" in Export Options window and choose a codec to reduce the file size when export. It is recommended to download the free divx codec from http://www.divx.com. Or, just export your morph as Flash or EXE. See more at "How to Choose Export File Format".

Jon Kopczyk

Post by Jon Kopczyk »

fantam,

Thanks for your reply, this is great information!

Jon