Key dot order oddity

Users can post any error messages or bugs that they find with the software for other users to discuss and provide a work around if any.

NakedFrog

Key dot order oddity

Post by NakedFrog »

Hi there,

Let me first say that this software is very promising. We are currently testing the trial version and wondered if anyone else has encountered the following problem and if there are any plans to resolve this issue:

When applying key dots to images, if you add new dots before or after an existing sequence of dots, the software (depending on actual images I would guess) the dots can cause a morphing oddity which can only be assumed to be the result of the corresponding order of dots not matching between the 2 images. The only way around this I can find is to get the dots right in the first instant, otherwise when saving and re-opening later for further alterations, it is all too easy to assume that the corresponding dots as they appear on-screen will return the same results all the time, which isn't true.

Perhaps I am missing something, but maybe a way around this is to have a tooltip number when you rollover a dot (in addition to the current white flash effect), otherwise the left-right/clockwise-anticlockwise sequence (or whatever sequence is used to achieve the morph) can have an undesired effect on the final result.

As this is caused when using dots at the edge of an image, perhaps this is the cause of the triangular issue (which the oddity seems to share) I have read elsewhere on the forum!?

We very much look forward to responses.

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Key dot order oddity

Post by fantam »

Thank you for your message.
However, we never encountered such a problem. So, it would be appreciated if you can send us the source project to support@fantamorph.com and tell us the operation process that will result in the problem, we'll then know how to fix it.
Thank you for your time and cooperation.

NakedFrog

Post by NakedFrog »

I think the problem I am having is the same as here.
Are there any guides on avoiding this? for instance, when using a face closeup.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

If so, this is not a problem of the program, you just need to carefully move some key dots to adjust the triangulation, then the morph will look fine.
If you can't avoid this problem, just send us the source project to support@fantamorph.com by simply choosing the File/Share Project menu, we'll work out.

NakedFrog

Post by NakedFrog »

Thanks.

I've done just that.

NakedFrog

Post by NakedFrog »

The file sent back worked great.
I also love the 'Share Project' option ... such a simple and time-saving idea.