Face Extractor

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
ssswilson

Face Extractor

Post by ssswilson »

I just got Deluxe version and am confused about face extractor. I have read "how to". I want to create mulitiple morph and export in to NTSC DVD.

Do I crop all the photos to 720 x 480 first. then use face extractor. After face extractor, do I use face locator. Looking for best method without individually editing photos.

Thanks.

I noticed when playing and i hit export to DVD, images got stretched.

Scott

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

For FantaMorph Deluxe, you don't need to crop all the photos to 720 x 480 manually. Please follow the following steps to create a morph for NTSC DVD format.
1. import all the photos.
2. Set the movie size to 720 x 480. Now some photos may be distorted. Don't care.
3. Use Face Extractor. Now all the photos will be cropped using the aspect ratio of the movie, so none of them will be distorted.
4. Use Face Locator. Adjust some of key dots if needed. Export the morph. Done!

ssswilson

Post by ssswilson »

Thanks. Looking forward to trying it out.

Scott

ssswilson

Post by ssswilson »

I tried the above method; however, during Face Extractor and clicking apply all, it always hangs up. now I should mention that I had imported 50 photos. P4 3Ghz and 2G ram.

Should it work with that many.

scott

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

FantaMorph actually can work with hundreds photos.
Can you please send us the source project by simply choosing the File/Share Project menu and then fill in our email address support @fantamorph.com? We'll find out.

ssswilson

Post by ssswilson »

I can't even do that. When I try to share project, the program crashes. I tried it with another project with only 12 photos and it worked. Maybe I can just zip the photos and send it that way.

I figure I'll also try smaller projects and then merge them together to get the end result.

Scott

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

We have never encoutered the crash problem when share project. Please zip the photos (as well as the .fmp project file) and send it to us. We'll find out. Thank you!