Applying Camera effects across entire sequence

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
starman

Applying Camera effects across entire sequence

Post by starman »

Is there any way to apply a single camera effect spread evenly across an entire sequence, rather than the one camera effect applied repetitively to each sequence. I'm using FantaMorph to interpolate frames between successive astro-photographs of an auroral display (the aurora borealis, or more correctly, where I live, the aurora australis). FantaMorph does a brilliant job of this, and at a fraction of the cost of Adobe Premiere, allowing me to slow down the animation while still producing a smooth transition from one key image to the next. I'm loading in lots of images in the sequence (250+) but only creating between 4-5 interpolated frames between each successive image. I would like to be able to use the camera tool, but I want a single pan/zoom to be applied evenly across the entire movie. Any ideas?

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Applying Camera effects across entire sequence

Post by fantam »

Movie Camera, not just Sequence Camera, it's really a great idea. We'll attempt to add this feature in the next version. :D

starman

Re: Applying Camera effects across entire sequence

Post by starman »

Hey, that's great, thanks. Realise now that I probably should have posted this in "Feature Suggestions" sorry.

Here's a link to one of my time-lapse sequences for anyone who's interested in how I'm using FantaMorph to smooth out the animation:

Only every 4th frame of this movie is a real photograph, the remainder of the frames are interpolated by FantaMorph. The really neat thing is that when all the frames are played back at 30fps, the stars actually appear to twinkle just a little. Great work Fantamorph