Can't created animated GIF

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
athomas24

Can't created animated GIF

Post by athomas24 »

I just downloaded the mac OSX trial version of Fantamorph (Deluxe Trial Version 5.4.0)
I'm running it on a mid-2012 Macbook Pro with Retina display, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, OSX 10.8.3, fully patched.

I made my first morph (called hippoMorph) and tried to export it to an animated GIF. It claims to succeed (no error messages) but the file is not created. There's a zero-bytes hidden file created in the target directory (.hippoMorph.gif-hJrW). I then tried to create a quicktime file and that works fine.

Any idea why I the animated GIF export is failing?

Let me know if you need any files or further information.
-Adam

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Can't created animated GIF

Post by fantam »

What is the movie size of your project? Please set a smaller size (e.g. 640 x 480 or less) and try again. Animated GIF format is not suitable for very large morph.
Also, you can send us your source project (.fmp project file as well as all the source image files) to support@fantamorph.com, we'll find out.

athomas24

Post by athomas24 »

Sent (yesterday). Please let me know if you haven't received it.

This images are quite small (226x67) so I don't think size is the problem.

cheers,
-Adam

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Got it. It looks this problem is caused by Stay on Image 1/2. If you remove the Stay on Image 1/2 (set them to zero), you'll get a right result.
Thank you for your project. This is definitely a bug of our program. We'll fix it very soon.