"Breaks" in the morphing photo

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
Jerri

"Breaks" in the morphing photo

Post by Jerri »

I'm struggling with this one photo and I am such a newbie at this (this is my first project). I'd really appreciate a little hint as to what might be causing this "break" in the photo when it morphs. :oops:

rwrey

Re: "Breaks" in the morphing photo

Post by rwrey »

If you turn on View/Triangles and then move the preview slider back & forth you will see in the Preview window that there is a crossover of triangles which is causing your problem. You should be able to determine which dot(s) to move in the Image 2 window to prevent crossover occurring.
Also, by the look of the hair outline on the right-hand side, it would appear that the placement of your dots needs improving. Your example looks more like a crossfade than a morph in this area.

Jerri

Re: "Breaks" in the morphing photo

Post by Jerri »

WOW! Thank you! I haven't yet learned about triangles but just playing around with it while watching them seemed to fix the problem. I will need to go onto the next tutorial to get my "dot" alignment better. I thank you SO much. I'm sure you'll be hearing more questions from me - I'm working on a video that will be a "gift for donation" to a charity so it's all volunteer work. I really appreciate your help. :)

EDIT TO ADD: That fixed it! Thanks.