Joining separate sequences ?

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
Peter

Joining separate sequences ?

Post by Peter »

Hi. I had almost finished a long sequence when I found some extra pics that should have gone into the very beginning. I've now got two separate sequences but can't find a way to put the latest ones at the front without having to do the original sequencies all over again. I've tried changing the titles to numbered ones but still no luck....
Is this possible ?

Thanks

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Joining separate sequences ?

Post by fantam »

You can simply drag & drop to move a sequence. Learn more at http://www.fantamorph.com/v5new05.html.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks the problem is that the two remaining runs or sequences of about 6 each in total, are not all together but in two quite separate files. I'm wondering if it's worth first converting them all to .avi then see if they can be placed into the correct order using VirtualDub ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Do you mean you want to insert a sequence of another project into this project?
Of course, you can export them separately and then edit the results with a video editing software.
But, if you use FantaMorph Deluxe, there is a trick to copy a sequence of a project to another one.
First, you can choose the Image/Export menu to export the two frames of a sequence to .fme files.
Second, open another project, choose Sequence/Add Blank Sequence menu to add a blank sequence at the desired position.
Last, import the two .fme files to Image 1 and Image 2 separately.

On the other hand, we do have a better solution for this task in the next version, with that you can directly import a sequence of another project into this project.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Great and yes you're right so look forward to the new version. I should in fact have said splicing going way back to 16mm movies ! :lol: