export AVI movie

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
carole

export AVI movie

Post by carole »

Hi
I work with FM deluxe 5. Unfortunately, avi movie are very bad (pixelized). We should used compressed avi format but this menu have disappeared in FM5 probably replace by format options. so, when you export your project in AVI, a window opens and then ask you to choose a format (cinepak, dv....). unfortunately, all options proposed lead to a bad result. I have tried to download divx codex as suggested in tutorial (how to export avi), but my options remain the same as previously mentioned. I probably have missed one step...could you help me to resolve such problem??
thanks a lot. just a little precision, I work on an intel based OS X (10.6).
regards
carole

fantam
Site Admin

Re: export AVI movie

Post by fantam »

On OS X, it is strongly recommended to use the QuickTime format instead of AVI. AVI is a sort of Windows format.

carole

Post by carole »

many thanks for your response but I will use another soft to insert morph's images but this soft does not seem to accept QT format...
Is there any solution to obtain better avi??
thanks
carole

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

If that software is running on Mac, I think it must support QT format.
Anyway, if you really want to get a better AVI result file, please try to download the DivX codec for Mac at http://www.divx.com/en/software/mac.

carole

Post by carole »

Ok but it seems not to be better. I have downloaded fantamorph 5 for windows, but it appears that all fmp projects saved with fantamorph for mac could not be opened with the FM for windows. is that right??? Hope their is a solution because due to the bad quality of the avi files, I should not used them in my project :cry:

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

You do can open the projects created with the Mac version in the Windows version.
Just save all the project files (.fmp project file as well as all the source image files) in the SAME folder, My Documents\Abrosoft FantaMorph\Project is recommended.

Justine2013

Post by Justine2013 »

Hi,

I have used fantamorph once and it did so well. The problem is, the second time I used it, my rendered output for avi export has no video at all. It won't show any video output as much as I tried. I am sure my settings are all good. I just noticed that supposedly, the preview screen will play as you render the output, but this time there isn't any image morphing sequence seen than a black screen... Can anyone help me fix the issue? My PC is Windows 7.

Thanks in advance.