Sequence Special Effects

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
muvipix

Sequence Special Effects

Post by muvipix »

Hello,

When I choose Sequence >> Master Curve and try to apply a (fade in) effect, nothing happens in the preview window. It's like it's not being applied. Am I missing some setting to watch the effects (in real time)? I'm just trying to fade in the image at the very beginning of the sequence.

Thanks!

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Sequence Special Effects

Post by fantam »

Just load the built-in sample project by choosing the File/Open Samples/Morph/Dream menu. Can you see the fade in/fade out effect? You can then load the Master Curve window and learn how to set it.

muvipix

Post by muvipix »

There's no fade in/fade out effect. Maybe my display driver is not letting this happen? It's an updated ATI Radeon HD 4800.

Edit: NVM, after I rebooted, everything was fine.

Edit #2: OK, [related] got the Master Curve working for fade in, but if you "stay on the image" for n frames, the fade in won't occur until the morph begins. Is this by design?

Thanks.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

if you "stay on the image" for n frames, the fade in won't occur until the morph begins. Is this by design?
Yes, this is by design in the current version 5. So, for now, if you want the fade in/out occurs on the stay frames, please DO NOT set the "Stay on the Image x" on the Sequence Length window, but set the Feature/Shape/Master Curve as below.

muvipix

Post by muvipix »

Thank you very much!

austing

Post by austing »

Setting the shape curve did the trick for me. Thank you.
110%, all the time. Image