Trying to warp just a small part of an image

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
Shadow Wizard

Trying to warp just a small part of an image

Post by Shadow Wizard »

I am trying to warp just a small part of the image in the center. However when I play it, it deforms quite a large section. I managed to see a bit of what it is doing by showing "triangles." How do I get it to smoothly warp just the small section in the middle.
For example. Say the picture is of a woman holding an apple. I want the apple to appear to grow in her hand. Imagine one is small apple. Image 2 is large apple. I place some dots, and tell it to warp. The apple changes, but so does allot of other sections of the image.

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Trying to warp just a small part of an image

Post by fantam »

The trick is to add "Boundary Dots" around the part you want to warp. Note, you need to hold the ALT key and click to add boundary dots. See more at http://www.fantamorph.com/how_to_warp.htm.

Shadow Wizard

Post by Shadow Wizard »

This appears to work well if, like in the example, you wish to do a small warp. However it is absolutely horrible if you are trying to do a large one. I am attempting to morph an object larger in one direction. I get the image around it still warping, horrible discoloration in areas. I have played and played with placing those dots, and nothing. Is there a tutorial that teaches you how to place the dots so it works with a large warp?
Better yet, is there not a way to give it image 1, and image 2, and have IT figure out where and how to warp? Because I do have a before and after image, but it only seems to use image 2 for my reference, and does not add any part of it to image 1

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Yes, sometimes it is not easy to place "Boundary Dots" correctly. If you can send us the source images you want to warp to support@fantamorph.com, I'd like to show you my experiences. :wink: