Which players are the most suitable ?

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
Marcus

Which players are the most suitable ?

Post by Marcus »

Hi

Just joined. Thinking of getting Fantamorph but wondered which players are the most suitable as I have VLC Media Player, Media Classic Player and Windows Media Player. I heard that Media Classic with KPack (?) is probably the best as it accepts the greatest number of codecs. I also wondered if there is any frame rate control button as it seems that above 30 fps is best for linked pencil drawing animations to avoid jerkiness, something that is hard to set in VirtualDub and Irfanview.

So obviously very interested in all sorts of period atmospheric backdrops and backgrounds etc. etc. too, so probably loads more questions to come as I've been interested in morphing technology for ages.

Look forward to it all,

Marcus 8)

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Which players are the most suitable ?

Post by fantam »

Personally, I like VLC Media Player and Media Classic Player. :wink:
However, please note that fps is not decided by players. If you want to make a smooth morph, you need to set the frame rate to 30fps or higher in FantaMorph.
For example, in FantaMorph, you create a morph of 150 frames and set the export speed to 30fps, you'll then get a video clip of 5 seconds. If you want it more smooth, you can increase the number of frames and/or the frame rate.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Good news thanks. :D What's the highest the fps can go to as it could reduce considerably the amount of input and dots necessary beforehand on a projected high volume basis.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

In most cases, 30 fps is good enough. Of course, you can try 60 fps or even higher.

Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Sounding good. The reason is I'm running into various problems with about 600 - 700 already morphed jpg Popims images equalling about 10 or so drawings still needing to be put into their correct sequence, with another 12 drawings still to be joined in the usual A - B, B - C sequence. As I originally didn't know the best final size for movies half of the images are a different dimension in Paintshop to the rest, so is there an option and preview to make them all the best recommended size ? Also is GIF the best format for animated pencil drawings ?

The final question is would they all be able to be finished off in FM Pro up to final export to movie stage ? Adding FM de luxe to it all if necessary later on ?

Thanks indeed for your help :D

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

If your source images are in different dimensions, you just need to use the built-in Crop tool to make them having the same aspect ratio. Learn more at http://www.fantamorph.com/how_to_crop_source_image.htm.
Yes, FantaMorph Pro fits your needs, and you can upgrade to Deluxe if necessary later on.