Deleting and Reinserting seqiuences

Questions or topics about FantaMorph that don't fit into any specific category.
dannygruber

Deleting and Reinserting seqiuences

Post by dannygruber »

Hello All,

I am building a very large morph, and there are a number of photos that I crop inthe application. Sometimes I have to delete a sequence and re-import a photo. Here is the problem, I cannot get the cropping exactly right. In other words - I get a jump from the phot of the previous sequence to the same the photo at the beginning of the next sequenece. I constantatly see the same picture "jump" becasue the cropping is not right.

I just think this must be a common problem. How you get a 100% cropping match in order to eliminate "jumping" between sequences. Your help would be appreciated.

Danny

fantam
Site Admin

Re: Deleting and Reinserting seqiuences

Post by fantam »

This problem can be easily resolved.
On the Sequence List, you can drag the Image 2 icon of the previous sequence and drop to the Image 1 icon of the next sequence to duplicate it including the cropping info.
If you hold the CTRL key when dragging, the key dots of the source image will be also transferred. In this way you can make the Image 1 of the next sequence is exactly the same as the Image 2 of the previous sequence.
See more at http://www.fantamorph.com/how_to_use_sequence_list.htm.

techteach

Post by techteach »

I have a similar problem. I'm using ver 3.7 and keep experiencing the "jump" mentioned by Danny. What if you don't want the image in the next sequence to start in the cropped format? For example in morphing fish together, I blended the images in sequence 2 so they fit each other better which resulted in image 2 of the sequence being essentially cropped.

However, if I use that cropped fish as the start (image 1) of the next sequence, it will not work well with the next fish. Would I need to add a sequence that morphs the cropped version back to the original version and then on to the next set?

If any one has figured this out, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Betsy
bnilsen

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

For example, here is a 'jump' morph.

Yes, if you add a sequence that morphs the cropped version back to the original version, the morph will look smooth!

Note, you need to use FantaMorph version 4 to create this 'zoom' effect.