avi files & Windows Media Player 10....

Users can post any error messages or bugs that they find with the software for other users to discuss and provide a work around if any.

chap7630

avi files & Windows Media Player 10....

Post by chap7630 »

Finished avi files will play in Media Player 9 but not in 10. As far as i can figure Microsoft's update pages will not let me revert to 9 after I have installed 10. When I try to play avi files in Media Player 10 I get an error
message: "One or more codecs that are needed to play the file are missing." They played on a friends computer who had only Player9.
1. Where do I get the missing codecs? OR:
2. Where can I get Windows Media Player 9? OR:
3. When will FantaMorph update the program to play in Media Player 10?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

It seems you should submit this problem to Microsoft. :)
Our AVI export process is very standard, so we don't know why Media Player 10 can't play your AVI files but Media Player 9 can.
I suggest you choose the "Full Frames (Uncompressed)" codec when export AVI files. I'm now also using Media Player 10, and all the exported AVI files can be played perfectly.

webwiz4u

Post by webwiz4u »

My uncompressed avi is not working either. I tried everything

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

webwiz4u,
We're confused why you can't play the uncompressed AVI because uncompressed AVI is such a simple and standard format.
Please open a sample project by choosing the File/Open Samples menu, export it, try to play it on your machine.
If it is still not working, please email the AVI file to us.
Also, please download some other players such as QuickTime or RealPlayer and make a tryout.

zardon75

PROBLEM SOLVED

Post by zardon75 »

if i get in trouble or not i am gonna post this,

for the Windows Media Player 10 problem about them not being able to read AVI files www.DIVX.com has the propper codec to fix this problem, i have used it for a long time now and it DOES work, they can download the free version of divx which does include the codec or DL just the codec itself.

email me if you need additional help on this problem, thanks bubye

Thomas