Saving to file problems

Users can post any error messages or bugs that they find with the software for other users to discuss and provide a work around if any.

Peter

Re: Saving to file problems

Post by Peter »

Yes I didn't think it was the proportions that were the problem.

Rather as I said I've never used DivX before so perhaps this is the problem ?? I've now got DivX Plus Player and DivX Plus Converter icons on the desktop and I hope downloaded it all properly but no idea if I've done something wrong in between....?
I downloaded Divx to compress avi but it didn't work for some reason as it still slows to a crawl after a few seconds. Is it possible to compress flash instead or are they the same ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Just visit the tutorial How to Export Compressed AVI.
After you export a morph to compressed AVI with DivX codec, you can play the exported avi file smoothly with any player program such as Windows Media Player.

Peter

Post by Peter »

This is the error message I keep getting all the time as in the attached pic. Followed your instructions and downloaded DivX again all Ok but no Video Compression drop down page appeared. The file wasn't in use at the time... ????
Attachments
Copy of error page.JPG
Copy of error page.JPG (80.03 KiB) Viewed 85883 times

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Did you still use Windows 2K?
Don't care that error message. In your case it doesn't mean it. If no Video Compression drop down page appeared, oh, your system must have a problem that only Microsoft could help. :(
I suggest that you use FantaMorph on another computer, Windows XP or 7 is better.
If you can't find one, you can send us your source project, we'll export it and send the result file back to you.

Peter

Post by Peter »

fantam wrote:Did you still use Windows 2K?
Don't care that error message. In your case it doesn't mean it. If no Video Compression drop down page appeared, oh, your system must have a problem that only Microsoft could help. :(
I suggest that you use FantaMorph on another computer, Windows XP or 7 is better.
If you can't find one, you can send us your source project, we'll export it and send the result file back to you.
Thanks. I've been using XP with Firefox for ages, does it work with Firefox ?

Peter

Post by Peter »

Well I've saved it ok in animated gif so avi must have been the wrong choice I think ? Problem now is that the file is 73,000 kb so can this be compressed ok ?

I've also just saved it in Shockwave Flash 25,600 kb which runs much more smoothly, so would really prefer this if it can be compressed ?

Thanks

Peter

Post by Peter »

Peter wrote:Hi

Trying to playback a long 18 sequence morph (which is still under copyright), but having problems due to large file sizes in flash shockwave (25,000kb approx) and avi.

I downloaded Divx to compress avi but it didn't work for some reason as it still slows to a crawl after a few seconds. Is it possible to compress flash instead or are they the same ?
Thanks for the kind offer to export the project and return it, but as I said earlier unfortunately it's still under strict copyright so will have to keep guessing....which is a real pain ! :cry:

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

You can find some GIF or Flash optimization software on the Internet to compress the exported GIF or Flash files.
If you are using FantaMorph Deluxe, you can also export as QuickTime format, you will get much smaller files.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Well I finally made it after a lot of trial and error and it now works very well and the product is just fantastic, miles better than all the rest and I've trialed at least two of them, the rest were just a waste of time and clumsy. So thanks ! :lol:

OK two small problems left. Firstly and if it's possible I'd like to be able to Save, Copy and Paste a series of dot positions from an Image 1 in one sequence run, across to another (same) Image 1 but which is in a quite different sequence run as it would save a lot of time having to do the same thing all over again but I can't find out if it's possible ?

The other problem is in Image Packer where for example there might be say 200 Image Sequences. However in the final result I keep on getting Image 200 placed at the top of the list just above Image 1, so rather than keep on manually moving it all the way to the bottom it's easier to delete it. Unfortunately this prevents a smooth ending to the animation.

Can you help ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Peter wrote:Firstly and if it's possible I'd like to be able to Save, Copy and Paste a series of dot positions from an Image 1 in one sequence run, across to another (same) Image 1 but which is in a quite different sequence run as it would save a lot of time having to do the same thing all over again but I can't find out if it's possible ?
Yes, and there are 3 methods to do this.
1) On the Sequence List panel, directly drag the icon of an Image 1 in one sequence and then drop to the icon of another Image 1 in a different sequence. (recommended)
2) Make a selection of the dots of an Image 1, press CTRL+C to copy and then press CTRL+V to paste to another Image 1.
3) Export an Image 1 to .fme or .fmd file and then import the exported .fme or .fmd file to another Image 1.
Peter wrote:The other problem is in Image Packer where for example there might be say 200 Image Sequences. However in the final result I keep on getting Image 200 placed at the top of the list just above Image 1, so rather than keep on manually moving it all the way to the bottom it's easier to delete it. Unfortunately this prevents a smooth ending to the animation.
There is a trick to select the 200 images in right order. Please click Image 200 first, and then click Image 1 when holding SHIFT key.

Peter

Post by Peter »

Hi again

I'm trying to play an old sequence which always worked fine in VLC media player a few months ago, but now it's playing very slowly and jerkily - no idea why or what to do ? Is it something that can be corrected in FM as it's all now jpg ?

Thanks, really enjoying the product :-)

Peter

Post by Peter »

Hi again
I upgraded to the Pro edition on 16th September 2011 paid by PayPal (see also copy thread below) but can't find the serial number only the original Standard edition one. Can you help please ?

Postby Peter » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:20 am
Hi again

Finally bought Standard edition yesterday but didn't realise that Sequence Morph wasn't included. To include this can I upgrade to Pro edition immediately ?

Sure you can pay only the price difference to upgrade to Pro or Deluxe.
You actually can find the upgrade links in the registration email we have received.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

I send you the serial number for Pro via PM. :)

Peter

Post by Peter »

Apols for that but I've just got a new computer and it got lost somewhere, many thanks ! :D

austing

Post by austing »

This was also a nice excuse to buy a new PC I guess. Glad to see this works for you already.
110%, all the time. Image