Screen goes White when using multiple morph

Users can post any error messages or bugs that they find with the software for other users to discuss and provide a work around if any.

Trial User

Screen goes White when using multiple morph

Post by Trial User »

I have tried outputing to avi and exe and half way through the project I get a white sceen. The export program shows it is still working but the preview screen is white.

When I run either the avi or exe it does great until it get to this point and it just turns white.

Is this a limitation for trial users?

Thank you!

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

No, it's not a limitation for trial users, it's just a limitation due to your computer resource (video memory and system memory).

It looks you are trying to export a very big project. As you may know, the FantaMorph program focuses on performance so it may uses a lot of resources. When the memory usage is overflowed, the output frame will become a white blank.

For now, if your computer is not powerful enough (for example, 256MB video memory and 1GB system memory), don't put too much source images in one project. You can create a couple of projects and export them as Image Sequence separately, and then use the Image Sequence Packer to compose the huge result file.

We'll improve the rendering engine and a "Memory Saving Mode" may be supplied within the next free update, version 3.5.5.