Face Locator - Face Library: Reverse Correlation Issue

Users can post any error messages or bugs that they find with the software for other users to discuss and provide a work around if any.

mdrhodes

Face Locator - Face Library: Reverse Correlation Issue

Post by mdrhodes »

I have 37 sequence multiple morph - all faces meticulously cropped. I have been using face locator on each, manually editing them, and saving them to the library. In each subsequent sequence I will pull and apply from the library the last saved template then proceed to work on the next picture as before. Somewhere around sequence 12 when I apply face locater to image 2 in order to sync it up with image 1 (from the library) the correlation of dots AND lines is severly distorted. The eyebrows of the 1st image become the mouth of the 2nd image - the nose of the first image becomes the top of the head of the 2nd - and so on. I am STUCK - any guidance on this issue. I am using Deluxe 4.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

I guess you deleted/added some key dots of the face, so the dot order was messed.
Please note that the Face Locator uses a 112-dot face model, NEVER delete any dot of them. You, however, can append some new dots to these 112 dots.

Here are my suggestions:
1) If you want to store a face to Face Library, after you apply Face Locator to the face, you can adjust the dot positions, but please do not delete any dot. To avoid any dot mess, just use the default 112 dots for every faces stored in Face Library.
2) If you just want to transfer the dots of Image 2 to Image 1 of the next sequence, you don't need to store Image 2 to Face Library and then pull it to Image 1 of the next sequence. As described in "How to Use Sequence List" at http://www.fantamorph.com/how_to_use_sequence_list.htm, you can "hold the CTRL key and drag an image icon to another image icon (even in another sequence) to duplicate the source image with key dots."

mdrhodes

Post by mdrhodes »

Thank you. Indeed that IS what happened. I deleted the dots associated with the ears in some of the sequences as they were not needed. When I used Face Locator on the subsequent picture there were no dots to correspond with. Logic prevails ....