Movie Rendering Problem

Users can post any error messages or bugs that they find with the software for other users to discuss and provide a work around if any.

Movie Rendering Problem

Post by Guest »

Every time I try to render an image, all that renders is the
bottom left quadrant of the screen. This happens with a still image, an
avi movie, flash movie, etc... both with the samples provided with the
program and files I've created. Have I set something incorrectly? Could
you please help?

Julie

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Unfortunately, we cannot reproduce this problem though we tested our software on compatibility with Windows98/NT 4.0/2000/XP, 64MB/128MB memory, 800x600/1024x768 resolution or something else.
I guess the compatibility of your video card is the reason that caused this problem. So you could try these steps below:

1. Please proceed Start/Settings/Control Pannel/Display/Settings at your PC.
2. Choose 1024 x 768 of Screen resolution and Highest 32bit of Color quality if possible.
3. Try to export a movie with FantaMorph. If the problem occured again, proceed Start/Settings/Control Pannel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Performance.
4. At this window, control Hardware Acceleration. There is 4 steps from "None" to "Full". Note, this is on Windows 98 and it's may be different on other platforms. For example, proceed Start/Control Pannel/Display/Settings/Advanced/Troubleshoot on Windows XP and there is 6 steps.
5. Choose each step from "None" to "Full" and then try to export with FantaMorph. Then, this problem will be solved.

I am waiting for your good news. However, if you can't resolve it, let me know. I would do the best I can with your cooperation.

Julie

Post by Julie »

Thank you, thank you, thank you - the problem is solved. The problem
appeared to be with my hardware acceleration setting. I turned it down to
one step before "none," and it allowed me to render a 1000 x 75 100dpi
automobile morph at full frame - it looks BEAUTIFUL! I turned the hardware
acceleration back on to view the .avi file with Quicktime.

Here's the information regarding my system for your reference in case some
other user encounters the same problem:

System: Sony VAIO laptop (PCG-GRZ660)
512 Mg of RAM
Screen Resolution: 1024 by 768
Color Quality: Highest (32 bit)
Display: Sony notebook LCD on Mobility Radeon 7500 (32mg)
Running Windows XP Home edition (version 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1)

Thank you again for getting back to me so quickly.

Julie

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Today we've just released the new version 2.2. I think you will export correct movies without having to turn off the hardware acceleration of the display settings.

Please remove the older version you've installed, then download the new version 2.2 from our site at :arrow: here and install it.
:)

Ryan

Re: Movie Rendering Problem

Post by Ryan »

Anonymous wrote:Every time I try to render an image, all that renders is the
bottom left quadrant of the screen.
Similar problem here but for me i can only render the top left quarter or the movie, using the newest v2.2 shareware, AVI (uncompressed). However it does this no matter what codec I select, only the top left corner renders. I'm using WinXP Pro w/sp1 - Asus Video Card 9280 (using the latest nVidia Drivers & DirectX 9.0b) & Asus Motherboard P4G800-E, Intel 3.20ghz w/2gigs of RAM, turning off or down the graphics hardware acceleration does not help either.

thanks for your time!

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Many thanks for your message or else I think we've completely solved this rendering problem. :oops:
Now I realized that the problem is still there on a very few display cards. It seems we should buy a Asus Video Card 9280 to find out the reason.
Please drop a mail to support@fantamorph.com, so I can directly contact you later.
If you would like to help us completely solve the problem, we will donate a license of FantaMorph Pro to you. :wink:
Thank you for your time and collaboration.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Hi Ryan,
We bought a Asus card and finally found out the reason due to the very different OpenGL compatibilities of various display cards. Fortunately, we've found a way to solve this annoying problem.
Today we've just released the version 2.21. I think you will see the correct rendering movies soon.
I look forward to your good news.