warp sequencing

Users can post any suggestions regarding new features here for discussion. Don't forget to create a poll so that other users can vote on whether the suggested feature is needed.

ukzlocj

warp sequencing

Post by ukzlocj »

The 'sequence list' functionality works well for morphs but doesn't seem to do what I would expect when trying to create multiple sequences from warps. For example having created a first sequence as a warp of image1, I would like the second sequence to start with the image that was the last frame of the warp (i.e. the warped version of image1). What actually happens is that the first image of the second sequence is the same as the first image of the first sequence but with dot positions that correspond to the last frame of the first sequence.

I thought of a workaround by exporting the last image of the warp and then importing this as the first image of sequence two, but unfortunately the export also includes the foreground and background images that I use in sequence 1 so they now appear as part of the image. So I turned off the foreground and background options before the export of the final frame but then the export includes the default solid background as part of the exported image. Is there a way of having a transparent option for the export background ?

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Just export the frame as 32-bit BMP, PNG, TIF or PCX format, the result file will include the transparent info.

Balm

Re: warp sequencing

Post by Balm »

I had the exact same concern that ukzlocj brought up. When exporting an individual frame I don't see an option for 32 bit. If I export a frame like PNG with transparency I get a Black background, no transparency.
to add to this when using the morph tool with transparency the morph layer underneath shows up in the final result. it would be great if the seccond image could somehow mask the first image by the last frame.

Thanks, I enjoy this product.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Hi Balm,
First, you need to use FantaMorph Pro or Deluxe. You can't export 32-bit images with FantaMorph SE.
Also, on the Export window, please make sure the "Export 32-Bit Image" option is checked after you choose the Image Sequence as export format.

Balm

Post by Balm »

Thanks for your response.

I am glad that it is possible with image sequence and I did not try that before. To improve work flow it would be helpful to have this option when exporting a single image.

fantam
Site Admin

Post by fantam »

Yes, you are right, the next version will have this option when exporting a single image.

austing

Post by austing »

I understand that this post is old but it would be nice to have this implemented.
110%, all the time. Image